Thursday, September 28, 2006

Goodbye

So this weekend was suppose to be my last with my brother Trey for 13 months because he was leaving on Monday for Iraq. Well my dad called me about two hours ago to inform me that his date was moved even further up and he will now be leaving tomorrow or Saturday. SO now instead of getting to spend time with him, on my way home this weekend Im going to stop at Killeen and tell him good-bye. He's already been to Iraq once so this time it's not as hard but it's still empty and scary. I wish he didn't have to go back, having him gone is like losing another brother all over again. Sometimes I think to myself ... they just keep leaving, although I know that Trey will be back because he made it through the first time and I have to have faith otherwise I won't be able to make it.
This is just not my semester..God keeps giving me these big hurdles that I have to jump and I just want to rest. But only 2 more months and I'll be going home and thats where I really belong. Im not convincing myself or giving up, I just know that San Marcos just isn't the place for me and I feel so much happier when Im home and with my family than down here.. by myself.

I hope that Trey can make it this time, because I don't think I can lose another brother and I don't want to.

1 comment:

D Hadbawnik said...

wow, sorry to hear about your brother having to head back to iraq. hope he'll be all right. you should still try to get in touch with tina if you want to talk to someone this term...